Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Warm Place

A warm place inside you.
That reminds you that there is a place inside you that nobody can reach, and nobody can take away from you, the peace and calm in your heart that will stay with you forever.


I present some artworks here which i prepared for the video game intro.

I have done the book, the helmet and the candles. Actually i dont like the modeling at all ... some kind of vertex tossing hehe... But the idea of making something ancient, something picturesque was intrigue me. Also I have prepared a wispy smoke. Finally I composed all layers together.

The book

..the keeper of knowledge and wisdom, the favor of people for ages.


looks like up res grid ... well, displacement require it for the good results )))


The candles
I have already presented the candle model in my blog. Well, here is another one ... from another story )))
3D model of candle and fire.





The helmet

The time-worn helmet... The true iron servent of his master in past...



I drew very complex iron rusty texture, also prepared the displacement map...





Another shot from the video..



The Smoke
The last but not least — the smoke, which covered everything in the scene. This is very important part for me so i did many tests until got what I wanted. This is the wispy smoke making by fluids. The calculation of fluids is not so painful as it turned.





Sorry for the law resolutoion and the brutish site compression ... i can do nothing with it.




music is "A Warm Place" instrumental by nine inch nails

finished in September, 2008